Friday, May 23, 2014

World War Hulk

It's a great comic book. I absolutely loved the story. It's about more than just a guy getting angry, turning green and demolishing everything. I believe it's about a tragic hero. This man, Bruce Banner, was tricked into being banished by his own peers, friends, and colleagues. He crash landed on a distant freaky planet, Sakaar, where he immediately became a slave, eventually overthrowing the king, becoming ruler and finally finding peace. Then the shuttle that brought him to Sakaar, exploded and caused the death of millions, including the Hulk's queen and the child she was carrying. What made this story so special is not just seeing that the Hulk was angry, but it was understanding WHY he was angry. I don't want to give the whole story here, but once I understood why he was angry, it made the story that much more meaningful for me. Once the story was finished I came to the conclusion that the Hulk is a hero, not a monster. I like John Romita, Jr's work. I thought that he decently portrayed the story through his art. I honestly believe though, that David Finch or Mike Deodato would have made the story come alive visually in terms of artistically showing the rage of the Hulk to the reader. I really did enjoy Romita's work on the WWH though. It's also pretty cool to see the Hulk just absolutely lay waste to Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Black Bolt, and Mr. Fantastic. Nothing made me smile more than seeing Iron Man take a beating. Of course I say this because of Cap's death as a result of the events of the Civil War. Iron Man has just become a jerk lately and seeing the Hulk give him a beating was very pleasing. I also liked the panels of the Hulk vs. The Sentry. I'm not a Sentry fan, but the fight was pretty cool and the Hulk stood his ground against Mr. Reynolds. All in all, I believe any Hulk fan should pick this up, it's worth the money to add to your collection. Most definitely the angriest the Hulk has ever been! This comic book is for kids reading level ages 9 and up. Leave us your comments. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Let us know what other kids books you would like to have reviewed.
World War Hulk

No comments:

Post a Comment