Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Trick or Treat: A Peanuts Halloween

I will admit to being a somewhat casual reader of comic strips. I have a few favorites I follow regularly, but around the holidays such as Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas is really when I sit down and read a lot of newspaper strips. I guess I just love seeing how they celebrate the holidays and their usually quite funny. This collection of Peanuts strips is all about Halloween as Charlie and the gang go trick-or-treating, have parties, and dress up for the season. It is not a complete collection of all of Schulz strips to be sure, but it is a nice, representative gathering of material culled from over the years. also included throughout is mostly forgettable tips for throwing parties, decorating, and recipes. None of it worth much and I would have preferred to see more comics and some in color as opposed to that stuff. all in all a nice collection. I highly recommend this children's book, especially for any die-hard Peanuts fan. It was wonderful to see how Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the gang changed over time. And I happen to like Schulz's humor better when he first started writing and drawing; it was more childlike. The comics are Halloween and monster themed and some of them are hilarious, ones I have not seen in a long time. Of course there is lots about "The Great Pumpkin" but how could it be coming Halloween and Linus does not mention him! Read it and enjoy. Good old fashioned comics and humor! This Halloween kids book is for children reading levels ages 4-8.
Like our post and share it with your friends and family. Leave us your comments. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Let us know what other children's books you would like to have reviewed.
Trick or Treat: A Peanuts Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment